No time for fish tacos like the dead of winter.
It is late December and i have a hankerin for some fish tacos but don’t want to leave the house.
Pull some halibut out of the freezer leave sealed in bag and defrost quickly in a bowl of cold water. In the meantime:
- Cabbage slaw
- Slice green and purple cabbage
- Toss with some salt, oil & vinegar
- Sriracha & mayo is simple and pretty darn nice
- Get some tortillas warming
- Mix up some fry batter
- Pour oil in dutch oven and apply heat
- Batter the fish
- Batter some sliced onion rings while you are at it
- I love Onion Rings!
- Fry until golden
- Remove and drain oil – I use a cooling rack in a cookie sheet
- Tortillas on the plate
- Apply sauce
- Add fish
- Add slaw
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese
- Add a lime wedge
- Feel really awesome for making a great supper!